Search This Blog

Saturday, October 30, 2010

BUTIG vs TINIKAL (a repost from my old blog )


http://tacticalloner.blog.friendster.com/2008/10/hello-world/     <a repost from an old blog dated October 1, 2008>


      
       One boring Sunday afternoon, I killed my time watching "Showbiz Central" on GMA [ i'm not a Kapuso, though]. There was a segment where the host asked the guest celebrity “killer” questions. Like being interrogated, the celebrity looked like a subject for interrogation with all the straps coiled on his upper body and seated next to a polygraph  where the wired straps were connected. This segment is a real fun to watch. Once the celebrity answers the question, the  polygraph inspector  will raise a "truth or a lie" placard. Once the answer is a lie, the host will dance like there's no tomorrow with all the confetti and male dancers lifting and swinging him. He celebrates whenever his victims tell a lie. That’s his purpose anyway — to catch them lying. I wish I was him. I wish I could enjoy the rattling feeling of being told a lie.

            If lies were daggers, I could have died of stab wounds. Yet, here I am with eyes open, letting those side stories pass me by. Letting myself heal every time I’m stabbed. Ouch. “Medics, medics, I am so sick”

            Lies are like bubble gums. So easy to chew. Make a bubble. Then pop it. People can believe. Exclude me paahhleeeessssseeeee.



Lies come in different flavors. I know two.
                             
1.  The real lie and the white lie. 
                                    – Prevarication . A game which lie “puppeteers” master. Hehe… People who try to fool   the gullible. I’m no PUPPET. I know and I can feel when a certain person lies. No matter how hard they try to fabricate and pervert what is real.

2.  The so common lie + brag or the cock-a-hop style.
                                      –When braggarts do their bragging schemes, they are not actually aware that they have been telling and crowing the same stories again and again and again. Stories about wealth (of others ), accomplishments (of others), relationships with the elites “kuno” [ the famous and the infamous ]  I would be phony if I say  I haven’t chewed these gums. I have had. Nevertheless, not to the highest level.  Not even to level negative. Be real.
           
            Too much self-importance can also be the reason why people brag and bloat things. It also makes the listeners’ heads swell. I’m one of them. I need earplugs. Paahhlllleeeessseeeee again.

            Insecurity also can. People naturally fancy things which likely they cannot be or cannot have, so they resort to “deng dong deng” — Bhhhrraaging. 

            Stop it… stop it… It’s getting vivid.

            I haven’t asked an expert yet why I feel a little better when I catch somebody lying. Most especially when I have concoctions that a certain person is just simply L-Y-I-N-G. There is a feeling of relief even though I’m not told the truth. I don’t confront. I don’t need to. It’s the job of the conscience and “CLASS”– which I’m afraid some people don’t have.

~Love me, hate me, but don’t lie to me.~






No comments:

Post a Comment