Search This Blog

Saturday, August 3, 2013

GROW Kid! GROW!


Just (soooo) recently, I was perusing the the 'wordweb' dictionary application on my iPhone because I wanted to see what it said about this word “understanding.” Some synonyms shared were: comprehend, absorb, appreciate, identify with, empathize, be familiar with, and value.  And in the context of personal growth, to understand is to be willing to empathize with others, be in tune with our emotional selves, and to value individual differences – even when we don’t agree with them. Thus the process of understanding involves a high level of mental, emotional, and spiritual awareness. 
(Wait, s p i r i t u a l  awareness?)

iS it you? or is it me? 


There are just things which are difficult for me to understand people, their behavior, or their body language, responses, or the way I react to their stimuli that make this whole crazy thing that cause a 'slightly' burdensome feeling in my chest?? Or, is it just me who sets multiple choice answer sheets?! And then, by just moving away from reality I placed myself again on the bed, leaned against the wall, kept quiet ( as I had to for my roommate was still asleep --- and snoring LOL! sorry Matmat. ) and opened this netbook and just searched for some good reads online ( since English books and bookstores are on the verge of disappearing here in BKK) Hahaha... no.... I mean, I couldn't find any good commercial libraries here. (Not to mention that this kingdom will host the World Book 'eklaver' this year. I'm like... huh?  ?Seriously? Well anyway, on the other side of the world wide web's superficiality, I came across a 'Psychology' webpage and right there and then I read on. A much better therapy than reading one-liner messages or stupid people's FB posts and tweets and innuendo comments and likes. Oh, I just miss reading maybe... but I'm not the type that would scream like... hey! I have read Harry Potter 1 - 167890! or OMG! the Twilight Saga makes me kilig much...or... the 234,678,904 shades of Grey.. Duh... I read to learn 'something'. Not just to tickle my prostate gland and reach orgasm.

So much for ranting.

Okay, so, to comprehend, we use our mind, to empathize, we use our emotion, and to appreciate, we must tap into our heart (which houses our spirit). When one or more of these perspectives is under-represented, it is a challenge to have understanding and when all three converge, we experience peace… and authentic understanding. We live out what the psychologists refer to as 'Growth in Motion™!!'

Growth in Motion™!! = Self Care + Self Empowerment + Self Knowledge + Self Direction

Throughout my life – starting even before college – I can think of many opportunities where I had to choose to understand situations I’ve been going through or to view them as the other person’s problem. Many times, I decided that it was the other person’s problem. (YEAH) More often, however, I decided to make a huge effort to dig, excavate, or get underneath and “understand” what was actually going on in an objective way. Most especially while I was in a relationship with some 'bullshits' before. (now i'm coining 'bullshits' as 'ex-boyfriends'... who chose to break my heart.. (or otherwise) EVIL laugh. This has cost me a lot of restless days and nights, tears, and sweat over the years but after having experienced life in this way,  I think I’ve grown (just a minute ago?!) to appreciate the upsets, arguments, and misunderstandings from a perspective of insight and WISDOM. And in viewing life from this perspective, I KNOW I'll  experience a lot of personal growth and understanding. (So don't worry, my brain's not the lizard's)

Take care of yourself in a way that helps you experience a better understanding of yourself. A few ways to do this are to answer the following: [ which i think is helpful ]

What I appreciate about _____ is ______. By completing this exercise, you will begin to reveal a sense of gratitude for the people, places, and things in your life. By focusing on what you appreciate, it lightens the load of the problems or circumstances that weigh you down, like your argument with your boyfriend last night! Those petty misunderstandings that you think of them as crimes. The moment that you react like he killed your entire family! lol.  It also helps you to becoming more accepting of others and their differences.



What makes me happy? To prepare yourself, find a quiet place where you will not be disturbed. (the bathroom?! lol) Then, take several full and deep breaths to help relax your mind and body. When answering this question, allow whatever comes to mind and express it on paper, even if it appears to be unfamiliar (only when it comes in handy, well... i have my notepad function on my everrrrr functional iPhone! ). I have found that this exercise can bring up some ideas and things that have been buried for years! For example, I forgot just how good I feel when I jump rope! As a result of completing this exercise, I have returned to this fun childhood experience or even... playing CHINESE garter! I also discovered that I enjoy writing and use it for healing and self expression.  Yeah, that's right... that's what I'm doing now. I feeeel much better. Or I'm just so into alphabets! and not into... hey.. welcome to the Twitter world! Find out what's happening to the people and organization you care. Like... Duhhhh? I follow you, you follow me.. oh..! we're celebrities! or.. hey... lemme see the latest sex scandal! Then share the links. Is there anything better you can do people? i have these accounts and thanks to them, I CAN COMMUNICATE easily and I can laugh, too. (sarcastic grin).  And after this particular writing session with myself, I decided to create this blog entry! So, get your paper and pen and allow your creative juices to flow! (Note: if you don’t enjoy writing, get a tape recorder and speak into it or if you prefer to draw or sing, take out your color pencils, paints, or recorder and have fun!)

Remember to spend time alone with yourself – yes, that's why i'm going to the temple now and lay myself next to the great reclining Budhha~! or to a Hindu Temple perhaps?– 


Hindu Temple, Batu Caves



to gain a better understanding of your likes, dislikes, and what really makes you happy. You will feel more compassion and internal peace. You might be surprised at how much more you enjoy the rest of life.


Take Care of Yourself.


sawadee krap!


--Lee.





~o0o~


No comments:

Post a Comment